Monday, June 6, 2011

Shrimps On Treadmill

     According to the Washington Post's report, the National Science Foundation or NSF "...paid $559,681 to test sick shrimps’ metabolism, which one researcher said was “the first time that shrimp have been exercised on a treadmill.”According to the news,  "the researchers found sick shrimp “did not perform as well and did not recover as well from exercise as healthy shrimp.” 
     I don't understand why the NSF will spend this much money for this experiment. I am sure that the staff who are involved in this had the time of their lives. First of all, why would you care about the metabolism of a sick shrimp. Who wants to eat a sick shrimp? If I am hungry, I want a big fat shrimp, one that do not exercise at all. One that is a couch potato, who just lie down under water with a water proof remote on one of his feet watching The Food Channel. That's what I want.I don't want a muscular, cardio freak, skinny shrimp.  I don't think anybody would care if the shrimp on your platter from Red Lobster has  high metabolism or not.  
     
If you look at the shrimp platter below, would you know which one ran the treadmill? 
     
All I know is, this Shrimp Scallop Alfredo cost the taxpayers $559,681. 
     
      
     


     

1 comment:

bxbatman31 said...

love the benny hill theme...the country is in debt but theres money for this stupid shit...i'm glad you are out there using your research skills to let the world know where our money is really going...now i know why my shrimp platter cost so much now